It is our great pleasure to invite you to the international seminar on “Advancing Political Participation of Women in the MENA Region.” We as the International Federation of Liberal Youth (IFLRY) are organising this event in cooperation with the International Democratic Initiative (IDI) of the D66 Party of the Netherlands and the seminar will take place in Tunis, Tunisia from 15—18 November 2018.
The event will focus on creating a favourable space for knowledge exchange and experience sharing on advancing women rights and boosting women political participation. It is expected that as a result of the seminar the participants will have:
- Elaborated in detail on the main principles of gender mainstreaming;
- Discussed the critical problems and mapped the challenges that women face in the MENA region when it comes to participation in politics;
- Identified entry points for youth organizations to address these challenges with consideration of local realities, including partners and cooperation networks;
- Received practical hands-on training on skills relevant for advancing political participation, such as communication and public speaking, political advocacy and lobbying among others;
- Identified tools and project ideas applicable for local contexts for youth organizations.
The application is targeting for young people from the Middle East and North Africa (ideally representing AYUFD member organizations) as well as selected international applicants that displaying a particular interest in the topic and or have relevant past experiences with the issue.
All participation costs will be covered by organizers. If you are interested to participate, please fill in the application form by 07 November 2018.
We are looking forward to receiving your applications for this event!