The IFLRY Human Rights programme is looking for new members. As one of IFLRYs programmes, the HR-team tries to focus on the issue of human rights in connection to liberal youth politics. IFLRY can be a platform to advance the human rights position of young people in the world, by promoting and campaigning for those youth issues to which liberalism combined with human rights can really make a difference.
- Developing ideas and tools for Member Organizations to incorporate the human-rights-based approach in their policies,
- Examining concrete cases of Human Right violations and proposing ideas towards ending those violations
- Tracking cases of young political activists whose Human Rights have been denied, up until being persecuted for what they stand for.
What we expect
- We expect motivated members with the ability to come up with concrete actions, as well as carrying out these actions independently.
- Some knowledge about the topic, especially about the human-rights based approach towards liberal youth, is expected. Specific knowledge about certain (geographical) regions or certain specific Human Rights is welcome as well.
- The ability to dedicate a few hours per week to this project, including the possibility to have a Skype meeting every now and then to discuss progress with the team and/or the program director. Also, whenever deadlines or events call for a short period of more intense work, to do their best in order to meet those deadlines.
Team Members will report directly to the Programme Manager and will have their position reviewed on the Programme every six months. To apply:
You have to be an individual member of an IFLRY member organization and thus be nominated by your international officer
You have to send your CV and a short motivation letter (max 300 words) on why you should be on the Human Rights Programme. Send your applications to the IFLRY Human Rights Programme Manager Floris Jan Donders (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Vice President Bobby Dean (email@example.com). Feel free to contact either Floris or Bobby in advance for any questions you may have!
Deadline for application: May 15th.