It is our great pleasure to invite you to the International Seminar “Liberalism: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow” organized by the International Federation of Liberal Youth (IFLRY) in cooperation with the International Democratic Initiative (IDI) of the D66 Party of the Netherlands and our local partners of Armenian National Congress (ANC) near Yerevan from 13—16 December 2018.
The seminar aims at reaching out to young people from different regions of Armenia introducing them to the ideas of liberalism and promotion of freedom as ways of contributing to the creation of open societies and fostering stable democracies. The specific objectives of the seminar are:
- to provide an overview of political ideologies—from history to modernity
- to give Armenian youth activists an extensive insight into liberal ideology and theory
- to enable them to identify the core aspects of Liberalism and make use thereof in their political work, including in the design of political programs and statements
- to identify possibilities to advance liberalism and democracy in Armenia
- to provide a space for young people from various communities of Armenia to share experiences and learn together, and involve them in the activities of international liberal youth networks
- to foster the political liberal exchange of knowledge and ideas between Armenian and Jordanian activists in conveying liberal messages and promoting the concept of freedom in a conservative society*
This seminar is part of the series of local and regional events on liberal ideology and is mainly targeting young people from Armenia and Jordan a relevant interest in the topic and relevant experience in youth activism and/or politics
All costs associated with participation in the seminar (accommodation, meals, and travel between venue and Yerevan) are covered by organizers.
If you are interested to participate, please fill in the application form follow by 30 November 2018.