September 19, 2011 to September 25, 2011
UNITED IN SOLIDARITY – TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER
We are the young liberals of the world. It is our obligation to show a notion of global humanity, moreover to show solidarity that embraces all humans. That is why IFLRY, International Federation of Liberal Youth, organizes a traditional project called Liberal Solidarity Week. This year’s topic is United in Solidarity – together we are stronger. We are united with a specific purpose, united with a task to expand a liberal cultural power. In other words, we fight against injustice, oppression and tyranny.
WHAT IS LSW?
The IFLRY LSW is a project where countries and MOs in democracies want to show their support to those who fight for freedom, human rights and democracy, while at the same time we want to spread liberal thoughts and visions to help developing a better world.
WHAT IS THE MAIN AIM?
IFLRY, as an international federation, has member organization all around the world but not all of them live in democracies where freedom of speech, free market and democracy itself are fundamentals rights. That is why we need your help. We want that our MOs and their members show their support with those who can’t live in freedom because they live in authoritarian countries.
WHAT WE FOCUS ON?
We focus on political freedom, classical human rights and fundamental rights of liberalism. We focus on promoting direct democracy. We believe that all people should have a right to work in citizen initiatives, whereby people can propose new legislation, a right for fair elections and a right to recall, under which people can force a vote on whether to expel an incumbent elected official by collecting enough signatures in a petition. We claim from authoritarian countries to recognize the equal and absolute rights of all members of the human family, moreover to accept the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world.
We are proposing you to orient your activities in promoting democracy and shifting awareness of human rights problems in Cuba, North Sudan, Libya, Belarus and Syria. These countries are also prior objectives that IFLRY with its programme teams and individual acting of Bureau members fights for. If you choose any of these five countries Bureau and Programme managers will prepare manuals and provide you with the materials, information and help. Of course you are free to choose any other countries you think that our mutual actions are needed.
WHEN LSW WILL TAKE PLACE?
From the 19th – 25th of September. You can do actions and activities every day during this week. You are also free to choose the days you think that are the most appropriate. The more you do the better success we can achieve. Just don’t forget to inform us about your activities, so we could coordinate activities around the world.
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
We are kindly asking you to carry out activities addressing injustice in determined countries. These mutual activities around the world will help us to claim pure and fundamental rights for people in authoritarian countries. Here is a list of activities you can do:
• Workshop. An internal debate in you organization about the issue and after it a resolution for you and your mother party.
• Articles in media. Sometimes it is difficult that media cover our actions, let’s give them the job done and show our concern in media.
• Salon debate. Make a debate with influential people and NGOs.
• Interactive action. Make a web action, Facebook event, Facebook page of support, etc.
• Conference. Invite dissidents, people in exile, NGOs or who ever you thing will help you having an interesting session.
• Movie night. Speaking feds you up? We can send you movies in DVD about it. Watch it and send us your opinion before and after watching it.
• Demonstration. You think that being sit down wont help much? Do a placard, get a megaphone and jump and scream for freedom.
• Letters to MP in your Parliament. Contact the most influent people of your country and explain what’s going on.
• Donation campaign. Collecting materials, money, or anything else you thing it will help to send them and make their life easier.
WHERE CAN I GET ADDITIONAL INFORMATION?
You can find all about the project on IFLRY website and FACEBOOK page.
If you need any other information, additional data and materials please contact us on: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.
We are obligated to show our support to people who are fighting for their freedom. We need your support to expand our solidarity around the world and don’t forget that we are stronger together.