Closing date: 31st of December 2019
Job Title: Financial Assistant (mini-job)
Working For: International Federation of Liberal Youth (IFLRY
The International Federation of Liberal Youth (IFLRY) has a part-time Financial Assistant role available at its office in Berlin to join our team in January.
IFLRY is an international youth organization seeking to ‘globalise’ freedom in the world. We are a full member of Liberal International and are currently sharing our offices together. IFLRY holds consultative status with several United Nations organs and is a vital player in the Council of Europe youth sector. IFLRY is the oldest international liberal youth organization in the world, founded in 1947.
The Financial Assistant will be working closely with IFLRY’s Executive Director, and will be mainly responsible for IFLRY’s Financial reporting and bookkeeping. If you’re a dynamic, team-oriented, upbeat and responsible, then read on and apply!
- Offline and online (Xero) bookkeeping
- Following the budget of IFLRY closely and advise the Bureau and the Executive Director on budget related matters, together with the treasurer
- Follow the payment of the Membership Fees and Participation fees for events
- In charge of administrational updates around the bookkeeping (making sure the financial forms are up to date, etc.)
- Audit support (Twice per year)
- Following deadlines for applying and reporting for grants
- Collecting all the documents needed for grants application and reporting
- Following closely the expenditure of the grant
You have a valid work permit in Germany
Preferably working towards or completed a Bachelors or Master’s degree in a related field (however we are open to all applicants)
Close to or native English language skills, any additional language skills will be considered an asset
Proven experience in accounting and financial management is considered an asset
Proven experience in project-management and organizing events is considered an asset
Excellent understanding of common IT systems and packages, especially Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.
Available to work during evenings and weekends if needed
1-year contract, renewal is a possibility
part-time employment (to be decided with applicant)
An international network both in the youth and adult field
31st of December 2019
Please note that you should be able to start work on the around the 15th of January. Interviews will take place in the office or via Skype after the deadline.
Please send us your CV and a motivation letter (maximum of 350 words). Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.