General Assembly, Conference & Bureau Elections
IFLRY will hold its 40th General Assembly in Thessaloniki (Greece) from 1-4 June 2017. The General Assembly will gather Member Organisations from all over the world. The General Assembly is the highest decision-making body of IFLRY and will among other things deal with:
- Elections for the positions of treasurer, auditor and one Vice President.
- Statutory changes
- Membership Applications
Conference, Youth Autonomy and Economic Self-Determination will be held as well
Registration for the General Assembly + Conference can be found here.
Registration for the General Assembly + Conference + Seminar can be found here.
The fee for both types of participation will be 90 euros.
Seminar ‘Youth Autonomy and Economic Self-Determination’
This seminar offers an opportunity to youth activists, particularly those from the European neighbourhood countries to develop a further understanding of the topic, discuss different viewpoints and develop tools. The particular objectives of this seminar” can be described as follows :
- Develop a comprehensive, modern notion of individual autonomy (that exceeds sole democratic empowerment) on a theoretical basis—giving attention to considerations about gender, minorities and specific vulnerable groups (e.g. refugees).
- Exchange best practices for economic empowerment initiatives amongst IFLRY’s member organizations in order to map the expertise as well as the current challenges within the federation
- Explore various real-world examples (e.g. through a site visit to young entrepreneurs or(inter)national organizations) that show the importance of economic freedom for self-realization, youth independence, and social change.Indicate, with the support from practitioners from start-ups etc.) the misconceptions that politicians might hold when thinking about promoting commercial activity and how to overcome them.Encourage Participants to Develop Concrete Policy Proposals and Project Ideas
This seminar will have a focus on the EU neighbouring countries and for that reason we encourage applicants from the following countries: Eastern Europe (Ukraine, Belarus, The Russian Federation), the Western Balkan countries (especially Serbia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Kosovo*, Bosnia and Herzegovina), as well as the MENA-region (especially Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Palestinian Territories, Tunisia)
The IFLRY Bureau is encouraging all its Full Members to nominate candidates for the by-elections to the bureau. At our last statutory event in Amman, we elected a new Treasurer and one Vice President, only until the next statutory event. Therefore all MOs have the chance to nominate people interested in becoming either IFLRY’s:
- Vice President or
All nominations, accompanied by a Motivation Letter and a CV should be sent to email@example.com no later than the 1st of May.
Unfortunately, IFLRY is not able to cover visa costs. Please check if you need a visa to enter Greece. You can find visa information here. Please contact the IFLRY Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) in case you need a support letter.
There will be no travel reimbursement available for those only participating in the IFLRY General Assembly and Conference. However, delegates who are also participating in the Seminar, will be eligible for a travel refund of up to 200 euros per person. 80% of participation of all events (conference, GA and seminar) is mandatory.
The IFLRY Office is able to provide you with a cover/support letter, should you wish to privately fund-raise your travel.
General Assembly volunteers
Please note that Standing Committees on Statutes, Resolutions and Finances will be opened. The IFLRY Bureau is also looking for other volunteers for the positions of General Assembly Chairs as well as Scrutineers. If you’re interested in one of these positions, please indicate this to the IFLRY Office via office @iflry.org and email@example.com. The subject of your email should be “GA volunteer” before 8 May. Please be aware that we are not able to cover costs for those representatives volunteering.
Bureau Candidates Promotion
Candidates running for the IFLRY Bureau are welcome to advertise their candidatures (for example through Social Media, web pages etc.) ahead of the Bureau elections. IFLRY will publish candidatures for each applicant (CV, Motivation and Member Organisation nomination letter) in the ‘documents’ section below. If you have any questions contact IFLRY Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadlines & timeline overview
Timeline (all dates are 11:59 PM GMT London time)
6 th April 2016: Deadline for submission of Rules of Procedure Amendments
20 nd April 2017: Deadline for submission of Statutes Amendments, Motions to Expel MOs
1 st of May 2017: Deadline for General Assembly, Conference & Seminar Registration
4 th of May 2017: Deadline for submissions of Bureau nominations and applications (submit at: email@example.com)
11 th of May 2017: Deadline for publishing the Audit report and Financial report
11th of May 2017: Deadline for Submission of
- Membership Applications (submit at: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Manifesto (submit at: email@example.com)
- Motions to Suspend and Disaffiliate Members (submit at: firstname.lastname@example.org)
18 th of May 2017: Deadline for Resolutions proposals (submit at: email@example.com)
18 th of May 2017: Deadline for publishing Bureau and Office reports
Before the beginning of the GA: Deadline for submission of
- Urgency Resolutions
- Amendments to the Resolutions (24 hours before start of GA)
All proposals and nominations by Member Organisations should be sent to the IFLRY office by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All documents concerning the General Assembly can be found in this section. Please check back regularly for more documents being uploaded.
Greece GA Reader
Greece GA Agenda
Motion on Membership Framework
Membership Applications Greece GA 2017
Pauline Kastermans Bureau Report
Sven Gerst Bureau Report
Ahmad Al Rachwani Bureau Report
Nickolas Pagonakis Bureau Report
Tone Bjørndal Bureau Report
Anders Rehnberg Bureau Repor
Robert Landheer Bureau Report
Minutes from EC and extraordinary General Assembly in Amman
- Resolution on Cyprus Reunification Process by Centre Party Youth
- Resolution on Ending the Atrocities Against LGBT-People in the Chechen Republic by Centre Party Youth
- Resolution on Committing to Anti-Bullying by JNC and JD
- Resolution on Catalonia´s Self-Determination by JNC and JD
- Resolution on the License to Heal by JD, JOVD and JNC
- Resolution on the Strengthening of Abortion Rights Around the World by Liberala Ungdomsforbundet
- Resolution on the Forgotten People of Myanmar by NUV
- Resolution on the 28 Million Child Refugees by NUV
- Resolution on the Structure of the UN Security Council by Radika Ungdom
- Resolution on the Persecution of Myanmar’s Rohingya People by Radika Ungdom
- Resolution on Strengthening Multilateral Efforts to Empower Refugees by JuLis
Nominations for Bureau Positions
Nominations for Auditor